Friday, March 02, 2007

Ton Sai Beach




For the last few days Badger, Grease Monkey, and myself have been hanging out on Ton Sai beach bouldering, climbing, and relaxing. OH, I suppose you are all wondering who Badger and Grease Monkey are. Well, the name Badger was given to Kala because when we were getting ready to climb she was tearing off a piece of cloth tape and could not seem to get it to tear. So she continuted to gnaw away at it until it broke, with her nose all scrunched up she looked just like a Badger. As for Grease Monkey, well, anyone who knows Russell very well knows that he has very long arms, and has been called Monkey Boy by many. Recently he has been lubing himself up with a lot of sunscreen which makes him Greasy.

So Grease Monkey, Badger and I have been out on the beaches climbing. We didn't try anything too ambitious due to the fact that both G-Monkey (short version) and I have been without the rock for a long time. (12 months for me, minus one day trip to Gallatin Canyon this past summer). All excuses aside, the rock on Ton Sai beach is pretty amazing. It's like climbing extremely sharp and texturous limestone stalagtites and fins.

I've posted a few pictures of the area we were staying at and a few of the beach and sunset on the cliffs. Enjoy. Our next stop is the world renowned FULL MOON PARTY on Ko PhaNgan!

4 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! Beaches and climbing vs. school and work. hmmm...tough choice.

anyway...when i come out there...what is my nickname going to be? just curious...

always
Amy

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd call Amy "Munchkin" but that's just me ;-)

Bangkok looked amazing, and the Ton Sai pick with the boat is frelling awesome!

I miss clmbing- been forever and a day man!

Hope you're learning a lot out there :-)

~Matt (Nortum ;-))

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Kala said...

I still resent the badger nickname a bit but I guess it will just give me more of a reason to be as mean as one. huh :) hope all is well back home and that your having a blast.

peace!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Trevor said...

I'm telling you again! Get on Humanality! You won't be sorry! (It's easier than they say it is. . .There is ONE 6b move. . .)

Anyway, climbing Thailand is great isn't it? I'm totally stoked to go back there and just hang out in Ton Sai for a month or two! Hope your having as much fun as I did! And tell me all about the Full moon Party! I missed that one! It sounds great though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home