Sunday, January 14, 2007

What to do in Surfers Paradise...

I was staying in a huge town called Surfers Paradise. It's a sky bound apartment and hotel city that feels like Las Vegas on the ocean. I know for some people this would be perfect... but for me, yeah, it's not really my style. Anyways, we stayed for a few days and even went out to the clubs. The music was pretty good, a nice mix of house and techno, and then some typcial hip-hop from the US.

After that, we took off to a smaller town called Coolangatta, where the town is a bit more laid back and cheaper. We've been staying in a nice hostel and surfing almost every day now for half a week. We wake up, eat, go surf, come back to the hostel and read or play ping pong for the rest of the day. It's a nice way to spend time here. Although the heat and humidity is starting to get to me.

So i've been reading a lot of books. So far on the trip I've read the following books :
Dragon Lance Chronicles Book II
Stranger in a strange land - Robert Heinlan
NEXT - Michael Chrichton
Dragon Lance Chronicles Book III

So far all have been good, but does anyone have any really good recommendations for me?
BTW, anyone who is interested in Genetics should read NEXT, I thougt it was very interesting and fun... sort of a cool twist on upcoming sciences.

4 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You forgot Marley and Me...you read that. now that was a good book. :) miss and love you.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Oh my god... I did forget Marley and Me. You are right, that was a GREAT BOOK! Anyone with a dog should read that. I highly recommend it.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, the art looks absolutely amazing. The surfing paradise is exactly what it sounds like. As for a book series, the sellsword series with artemis entreri and jarlaxle by RA Salvatore. Great series. Hey man, great photography, this stuff is amazing. Keep it up and good luck old friend. ciao ciao

Alex Hrabovsky

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that forest spirit is totally from Princess Mononoke! A kami!

Alex Hrabovsky "Kami King"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home