Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years in OZ!

NO, this isn't my picture... but it was taken from where we were sitting. Yeah, we got some great seats but we had to wait in line for about 3 hours just to get in to the park and then we sat for another 7 hours for the show to begin. BUT, it was all worth it. Their were fireworks going off all around us. 5 Barges throughout the harbor sustained the show with massive explosions coming from the the bridge and the tops of the surrounding buildings. All in all it was truly amazing.

What have I been doing in Sydney for a week? Well, mostly walking around and visiting museums. So far I've seen the PowerHouse Museum with a great exhibit on the Great Wall of China, the Natural History Museum with a really educational exhibit on Native Australians, and the Art Museum of New South Whales with various artists being displayed.

Aside from pretending to educate myself on vacation, I've been shopping, getting a well needed haircut, going to the theater, and reading books in the sun.

I thought that they spoke English here in Australia... here's a few things that I've learned:

Oz = Australia
Brekkie = Breakfast
Uni = University
Buga! = Sh-t / F*ck
Budgie Huggers = Speedo

If you've got any others I'd love to hear them.



2 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like you have it pretty rough... ;) so happy to know you are having a good time. miss you tons.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

Yeah, I've run into the Uni = University thing here too. What really scares me is I'm starting to talk that way too! I express things in KM now, and I say Uni instead of college! (Apparently college is their High School) Weird! Even the Sky is upside down down here! :) Glad your having a good time! Who knows, maybe I will come meet up with you somewhere down the road. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home