Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's not flying... It's falling with style!

Hey everyone... I only have a few minutes in the Internet cafe here, it's quite expensive here in lake Taupo. Anyways, today we went sky diving and it was amazing! The adrenaline rush is like nothing I've ever experienced. Russell got a video of his jump but I just couldn't justify the extra dough for the video. But I did get some great before and after pics, including some of me coming in for a landing. The ride up only took about 15 minutes and everyone is crammed into a tiny little plane. You are all lied up inside, and as you scoot forward, people start dropping out of the door. They line up, hang legs out, and look up, then wooop... it's out the door. I wasn't nearly as nervous as I thought I would be. As soon as you drop out of the plane you flop face first down toward the ground. Only at first do you feel like you are falling. After the first 15 seconds or so you feel like you are just hanging in mid air. The free fall lasts about 45 seconds and then BOOM, the shoot opens and you are dangling a few thousand feet in the air. (BTW, the jump was from 12,000 feet)It was a tandom jump which means you have an expert strapped to your back. Once the shoot opens, he asked me, you ok? I said, "Hell Yeah! That was amazing!" Then he went on to spin us around and show me some sites of the area while floating down. Before I knew it we were on the ground again.

The rush was amazing... nothing like I've ever felt before!
Here are a few pics of me and my partner Olli. He was difficult to understand, but knew exactly what he was doing... Thank god. :-P







8 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! sounds like fun :) you look like you were having an excellent time in your photos!!! miss you!
amy

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!
You sound/look like your having fun! I sure hope so! Amy sure misses you alot! Well, have a good one! I was just told about this blog thing, so I'll try stay in better touch!
Emma

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...awesome

-fuzzies

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
It's been awhile. I thought I'd see what you were up to. Looks like you are having a blast! I am very jealous. Enjoy your trip, stay out of trouble and be safe!
Kristee

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy...
-erika

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike! That helmet is hot. Let me tell you the ways. Oh I know, that should be your official DJ equipment! Hook up a set of hi-fi headphones inside, you would be the coolest DJ around! DJ Skydive? :-)

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Trevor said...

Good to hear you had a blast! I'm jealous, and looking forward to joining you in the "I have skydove" club when I get down under. Travelling is a blast isn't it! You getting homesick yet?

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep... still jealous of all of you... it was a joyous 15 below at work today. And I'd have to agree with Amm, the helmet is way hot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home